Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Body Break! A Celebrity Team

Just found out that Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod, the Body Break couple, are the sixth team to be announced for The Amazing Race Canada. Not a major surprise because their audition video got a lot of coverage. Like the videos these folks have been putting out for the past 25 years, their audition video  was a little flat. But heck, they're Canadian celebrities, of sorts, so the producers would have been out of their minds not to cast them.

Hal and Joanne will add some interest in the show, not just because of their celebrity, but also their age. Both of them are a few years older than me (Hal is 57 and Joanne is 54), but they look pretty good. I'm sure they're still in pretty good shape and if some of the younger teams try to out-physical them, they might get a nasty surprise.

I'm keen to see how these two act in real life (well, in a reality show kind of real life). Like I said earlier, I've always found their Body Break videos a bit stale, and their prevention a bit stiff. So I hope to see them act naturally, unless that is how they naturally act. Then they producers and fans might be disappointed.

Even so, just based on their ages, Body Break will probably be my favourite team when the race starts. Unless Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson decided to join the fun. Then things will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment